Sunday, January 02, 2005

Place du Tertre, Paris


Portrait, Place du Tertre, Paris 93 Posted by Hello

Its a place where budding artists congregate and offer their services to tourists. The surrounding is lively, colorful and fun. You can see varioius types of paintings, portaits, modern art, as various cafe's surround the place. An old man plays the accordion, while some tourist haggles with the artist on the cost of one portrait - depending on the medium used charcoal, color or even oil.

The first time I had one made, must be a decade prior to this visit, I had the cheapest done - in brown charcoal and more of a caricature. I cant find that paper right now. This time, I had to sit for at least half an hour to have this charcoal done. Was quite a sum but worth the experience.

Mom took my photo while sitting for this artist.

No comments: