Saturday, January 01, 2005

Lovely Positano


Positano Posted by Hello

Fell in love with the place after I watched 'Only You' starring Marissa Tomei. Its a tiny village perched on the side of a rolling mountain, truly picturesque as it overlooks the bay of naples.

When Bebeth and I planned for a european trip, I insisted on doing the south of Italy since my past travels never had a chance to pass by this route. My priority was actually the Amalfi coast but then upon research, I stumbled again on Positano.

Its practically a pedestrian place, with narrow winding streets. Its actually a tourist haven in the summer thats why we went at the right time supposedly, just at the start of spring. Unfortunately it was also the easter season, holy week having started early so that weekend most hotels were full packed.

Many natives would recommend La Cambuso restaurant so we tried it. I believe its too commercialized. The best meal we took was in Il Fornillo, very near the hotel we stayed in at the upper portion of Positano.

One day, given the chance, I would like to go back and this time stay at the top of the line hotel at the lower portion of the village. No its not Le Sireneuse which was featured in the movie but San Pietro.

No comments: